The most important issue for separated parents is to ensure that the future parenting arrangements for their children are in the children’s best interests and are reasonably practical.

Parenting issues can be resolved in two ways:

  1. By the parties reaching agreement about the arrangements for the children and parental responsibilities (either before or after dispute resolution) and signing Consent Orders which are then approved by the Court; or

  2. If the parties are unable to reach agreement, the Court will determine orders about the arrangements for the child and parental responsibilities.